Who is this for?
My consulting services are geared toward established companies that (1) are already pursuing a social and/or environmental mission, or (2) that are looking to re-align their business operations with purpose-oriented values. Whether you like it or not, every company has an impact on their community and environment simply by virtue of operating. But doing the right thing as a business is easier said than done. The clients I work with come to me with a variety of questions:
- What is my company's social and/or environmental footprint?
- How are we performing compared to our competitors when it comes to social and environmental sustainability?
- What areas of my company have the greatest potential for improvement?
- How can I improve our overall performance without getting side-tracked from the core business?
- How do I get my employees engaged in this process?
- Is B Corp Certification a good fit for my business? What are the benefits and what does the certification process look like?
Areas I can help in
In many cases, the first step when it comes to managing and maybe even growing a socially responsible business is understanding where impact is created, both on purpose and without knowing. I work with clients to gain clarity and take charge of their company's success through these measures:
- Framework for understanding your company's impact
- Baseline impact assessment
- Prioritizing goals and developing a strategic plan for performance improvement
- B Corp Certification
- Employee Engagement
Roberta Keller, Chief Executive Officer at Alexis Advisors
Anika has been a tremendous resource in assisting us in becoming and being a Certified B Corp. During the certification process, she provided clarity and guidance in what was often a confusing process. Since becoming a B Corp, Anika has been an invaluable resource in connecting us with other B Corps, highlighting our company and our work with socially responsible investing, and keeping us in the loop about B Corp events in the community. Anika is both extremely collaborative, but also respects your time, which as every small business owner comes at a premium. Working with Anika is like engaging with a highly focused laser beam, but one that won’t burn you, and rather emits a warm glow.
Scott Hoppe, Chief Executive Officer at Sabreez
Anika has been such a great source of information and inspiration for my decision to make Sabreez a B Corporation. I was somewhat familiar with B Corporations from earlier research in California, but events orchestrated by Anika and Impact Makers have been thoroughly enjoyable; particularly the detailed session on the B Corp Assessment. Having known Anika for over a year now, I am happy to be able to count on her help and the help of the entire B Corp community as we grow Sabreez into a business entity that delivers value to a range of stakeholders while fulfilling our environmental mission.